- 3 filets Kohala Mountain Sunfish (works with most flaky white fish and salmon)
- 3 slices Mrs. Cheng’s silken tofu
- 1 bunch watercress (kai choi, choi sum, bok choi will all work)
- Sliced rehydrated shiitake mushroom
- Sliced lup cheong
- Thinly sliced ginger
- Sliced green onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Kikkoman shoyu
- Chili oil
- Unsalted butter
- Chicken stock (box or can will work)
- Truffle oil (can find in most Safeway Stores)
- Salt and pepper
1. Lay watercress in bottom of shallow pot. Lay tofu down on the watercress. Place seasoned filets of fish on top of the tofu. Place ginger, lup cheong and shiitake on each filet of fish.
2. Pour in enough chicken stock to cover watercress. Bring the chicken stock to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. Cooking time will vary due to size of filets.
3. When fish is cooked add soy sauce and unsalted butter to the chicken stock. When butter is melted finish the dish with chili oil, truffle oil, fresh cilantro, and green onion.